Thursday, March 12, 2009

Podcasts: Tech Task 14

Tonight we learned about podcasts and iTunes. I found a few interesting things in my short search including a podcast on technology in education by Two Tech Chicks: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=165244308, and a short video podcast on a fashion show http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=126292549. This is a Chanel fashion show including "cutting edge" designs and interviews with designers. I chose this one because I enjoy watching fashion shows and seeing what new and crazy things designers come up with. The one done by Two Tech Chicks includes, "Tips and tricks for gadgets and software for your digital life given by two Texas chicks obsessed with anything digital. The podcast is geared specifically to educators interested in integrating technology into their curriculum. Companion blog, forums and resources at: http://techchicktips.net/" It discusses some story telling techniques and the writing process using collaboration as well as other cool tips to use in the class. Dean showed us a great video that shows how a grade 3 and 4 class uses podcasts in their everyday routine. It was so neat to see these kids working together. They seem to really be into sharing their knowledge with other people. I think incorporating this type of learning will be increasingly common in the future. It is crazy how easy it is for us to share things with so many people around the world. I found a site that will be helpful when I make my own podcast, How To Make A Podcast. I am excited to have a few spare minutes so I can check out the Canadian Indie music that Erika suggested on the CBC Radio 3.




2 comments:

  1. You're welcome!

    I love watching fashion shows, too, and can often be found watching Fashion Television (one of the greatest television channels!). Right now I am obsessed with Project Runway Canada. I will definitely be checking out this fashion show podcast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes. From a very young age I was hooked to the fashion channel. They come up with some of the most interesting things. I am hooked to America's Next Top Model. It is awful... haha

    ReplyDelete