
The past few days I have been working on commenting on Anne Smith's grade nine English honours class. They are doing wiki pages that include multimedia filled papers with links, videos and pictures. The basis of their papers is a book by Daniel Pink titled A Whole New Mind. I have read some really interesting insight on the book, which I plan to read sometime this summer. These grade nine students have some great writing techniques for their age, and have mature ideas that are presented in a professional manner. They back up their ideas with quotes not only from the book, but also from other sources. Most students have included embedded videos from sites like youtube. Many of the students have become really creative in the way they introduce their topic by using quotes from interesting or famous people, highlighting the main points that Pink discusses in his book, or using images or a video to draw the reader into the paper.
If anyone in Ecmp 355 has read A Whole New Mind and would like to tell me what they found most interesting, what was something they really enjoyed, or their favourite part, I challenge you to post a comment!
I posted my video for the students in Seth's class in Italy. I hope they enjoyed it and if they have any comments or questions they can leave comments below the video.
http://www.danpink.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/a-whole-new-mindreprint.jpg

No comments:
Post a Comment