
I am from a small town in Saskatchewan called Tisdale, "The Land of Rape and Honey." Tisdale has it's claim to fame, Brent Butt, who surprisingly enough is also a relative of mine. This is a picture I took at a family event. Barnabee the Bee is also another monument that symbolizes Tisdale, mainly used as a backdrop for people passing through to pose in front of. Teens in Tisdale often make an event of "riding the bee" on a Friday or Saturday night. Being from a small town and coming to Regina I have been challenged with many differences that I am slowly getting used to.

Hey amber, thats pretty cool that you are related to Brent Butt. What relation do you have to him? I have always wondered what it would be like to live in a small town. I grew up in Pickering, Ontario, which is a city two hours outside of toronto. I grew up in a fairly large neighbourhood for the majority of my childhood. So to me regina is small, but i love it because the people are so close and somehow everyone is either related or good friends. I'll see you in class amber.
ReplyDelete- Nicole
http://nicolemroche.blogspot.com
Brent Butt is a cousin of my mom! I loved growing up in a small town, Regina is BIG for me.
ReplyDelete